Driver’s Seat

Potlicquor

... ‘Hi all’, need help: my 2015 D J Crossroad driver’s seat plastic trim/shield panel/cover (where the driver seat power adjustment knobs are) has broken where that decades old factory design flaw metal tab is (I know it is supposed to hold the top part secure but it also breaks the plastic there) does anyone on here have the replacement part number and instruction or video of how to remove it so I can order a replacement and install it, thanks.

50 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

They all break. Mine broke, I just used a self tapping screw to reattach it.  

... yes, they apparently do and have, virtually, since inception and as such I thought there would be many on here who experienced this issue and would be able to assist with a part number. I will give in and contact the dealership for help.

3 hours ago, Potlicquor said:

... yes, they apparently do and have, virtually, since inception and as such I thought there would be many on here who experienced this issue and would be able to assist with a part number. I will give in and contact the dealership for help.

I think that those who has experienced the issue just figure out how to fix it themselves rather than replace the part with the same part that will break again. 

google      ome dodge journey interior parts online.....    copy and paste this then click on it then scroll down to your year journey then scroll down to #5 and decide which one you want. took me about 5 minutes to find on the internet. to install it won't be to bad but i believe you will have to undo the seatbelt  then reinstall it..... and yes i had to fix my right side on my 2011 and then it broke again after warranty went out, fixed it with a black screw, no more problem ,  also on my 2014 on the passenger side again broke did the same as jkeaton said a well placed black screw and no more problem

Edited by 2late4u

• 3 months later...

... Update: (quite late) but here is a picture of the actual driver’s seat plastic cover part that needed replacing (second time, but not in-warranty this time) so I bought one and replaced it my self in order to save the $100 + labor, taxes, shop fees and whatall ever else. The part cost about $50.00 and about 30 minutes to change out. Also, attached photo of part number in case some on here needs it, thanks to all who assisted on here with this. Please note this part is for the driver’s seat that has auto adjust and lumbar).

91983962-F1E4-45FB-A718-DF739C1D05D4.png

B63B7AE2-A846-4254-BBA1-2B878E3BCE22.png

... I’m sure you are correct in that it will break again... but, I don’t have the loose change to stock up, however I do keep an eye out for a reduced price on one but that hasn’t happened as yet. When it does break @ the top plastic mounting tab the plastic is sharp edged and will rip the seat material if not attended to by either cutting away the sharp edges and/or replace the part. Dealership service dept. said it is a very common issue, not with all owners, but with many.

well to beat a dead horse, try this ,near where the clip that breaks drill a small hole then use a small black crew that has a small head on it and you won't have no more problems. i've never had my drivers side break but on the passenger side it has broken twice on my 2011 and once on my 2014 reason i figured out is my wife when getting out is kind of dragging her butt as she is exiting the vech, after placing the screw there it has never broken again just enough strength to hold it..

... I understand, my wife does virtually all of the driving of this Journey and she is handicapped (wears brace on leg as well) and can’t just get in and out without putting weight/pressure/stress on that top plastic retaining tab. I would be so grateful to you if you could post a couple of pictures of your repair method (black small screw and location) as I am at a loss for ‘where’ exactly it would be installed and I will go ahead and install one now to avert another breakage... which would save time and money too, thanks.

i dont know how to post pictures on here but looking at your pic above here the horizontal hole towards the front go about half half towards the front and place a screw there that is where i did mine on the passenger side and just use a small screw about half inch long with a good size head and or washer... my wife has about the same problems as yours and that is why i believe it gets broken as the seat kind of sinks down to the top of the plastic side panel and then gets dragged outward and breaks... good luck  do it now before it breaks for a more secure sde panel