Brighter Reverse lights

I have a 2016 Crossroads with tinted windows and sometimes at night when it's really dark it's a little tough to see when backing up.  I know others have put brighter light bulbs in and wanted to report back I did the same.  However, details of the bulb are somewhat lacking.

So, what I purchased was JDM ASTAR 50w Cree 7440 LED White reverse light bulbs.  6000k temp color so they're pretty white.  These bulbs are for the DJ's with LED tail lights. The bulb is bigger than what you'd think, but they fit the housing without issue.  I looked at several other bulbs and even asked sellers to recommend one knowing I was after brighter bulbs.  This was one of the recommended ones over the original I was looking at.  They were a little expensive, but I actually think they're worth the money in the end.  Installation was fast an easy too.  The brightness is at least double if not more, much brighter than the OEM stock bulbs so now I can actually see.  Also the extra light adds to the clearness of the backup camera. Ebay Item number 331338226596. 

Hope that helps anyone who's interested.  I have no before or after photos, but I assure you they are brighter.  If you buy them, you'll be pleased.

• 4 weeks later...

just so you know.........the reverse lights are NOT for you to see where your going when in reverse.  they are designed to inform those around you that you are in reverse with limited visibility.  if you want super bright light in reverse you may want to get some small form factor LED fog light kit and install it in back....

Sorry but I don't entirely agree.  They do signal others that your backing up, but without the light in reverse, how else would you see when it's dark.  With that said, the brighter bulbs I put in mentioned above do add additional light over stock bulbs to see better on dark nights.  No need for extra LED lights at this time for me.  BTW, they're working awesome.  I highly recommend them if your looking for additional light.

• 3 years later...