LED foglights

i was just checking led fog light bulbs and most are rated at about 1000 or 1200 lms each they make it look higher in the bold print like 2000lm but that is divided between the 2 bulbs in the small print. so dont know if you can buy bigger lamps as i didnt see any,but also i didnt search that long. good luck ill just stick with the org ones as i dont use them anyways...

The problem with higher lumen fog lights is that the beam is not as focused as say, headlights, and increased brightness can cause a lot of glare for other drivers.

I bought these and use them sparingly for that reason while driving on rural roads. They have worked for over a year with no issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UBHDMT8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2017 at 6:00 PM, tjboston5676 said:

these are a drop in assembly and will be the best you can get and wont cause any glare

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/assemblies/led-fog-lights/dodge-morimoto-xb-led.html

im HIGHLY interested in getting these.  do you have them?  if so have any pics of them in/on?

1 hour ago, 2016Redline said:

Really easy to install. This is the best picture I have right now.

20171210_175625.jpg

thank you!  i have a place i know could install them for me easily with a lil bit of a wait.......im not sure my lazy factor would all me to install them LOL.  that being said  HOW easy are they to install?

13 hours ago, Bryman31 said:

thank you!  i have a place i know could install them for me easily with a lil bit of a wait.......im not sure my lazy factor would all me to install them LOL.  that being said  HOW easy are they to install?

Twist the old ones out, unplug, plug the new bulbs in and twist them back into the sockets. Pretty simple. I did mine by raising the front end up a bit and reaching.  You need to be able to work without actually seeing what you are doing though. 

JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets PSX24W 2504 LED Fog Light Bulbs with Projector for DRL or Fog Lights, Xenon White  ($19.99) wasn't going to add led to the fog (driving lights) as it seamed like to much trouble but was ordering some stuff off amazon and to get free shipping i bought these lights.i miss the old days to get to your lights you just undid 2 screws, the lens pops off and put in new bulb and add your lens back and your done... now to reach the fog lights i popped off the inner fender cover turned the wheel in or out and then strained to get the light electrical connection to come loose remove the blue plastic clip on the electrical connection removed the old bulb installed the new bulb onto the connector then reconnected the bulb to the base. (glad i had bought some of the push pins couple of months ago to be used when the need was to arrive) to replace the old ones that didnt survive the removal process...

PartsSquare 30pcs Fender Liner Fastener Rivet Push Clips Retainer Fastener for Ford Chrysler Dodge Lincoln Jeep Plymouth $ 5.99 for 30 of them.....off amazon

On 12/11/2017 at 7:45 AM, jkeaton said:

Twist the old ones out, unplug, plug the new bulbs in and twist them back into the sockets. Pretty simple. I did mine by raising the front end up a bit and reaching.  You need to be able to work without actually seeing what you are doing though. 

i was talking about entire led assemblies not just led bulbs...

i do not have them but plan on getting them soon.

as far as install it shouldn't be more than taking out a few screws and swapping the assembly

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, RaviG said:

Whats the longest size of led bulb that can fit in the factory housing? I'm seeing ones on Amazon that range from 2 to 2.6 inches 

When I have a question such as this, I go and remove the bulb and check the depth myself. Best way to get an accurate answer. Go with the shortest bulb you can when in doubt. 

Edited by jkeaton