NavalLacrosse

Just installed a Trailer Hitch on my 2011

Just installed the trailer hitch (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QMF1HCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on my new-to-me dodge journey.

Install took me, and my Dad, and about 2 hours of actual hands-on work. It would have taken less if there wasn't a mountain of sand in hollow frame that I needed to clear away.

All in all, I'm impressed. It was inexpensive, and fairly east to install, even with just a floor jack, and basic tools.59de3bb19cbf4_20171010_2118511.thumb.jpg.d6ecd385b55a4819e62b1110007b68da.jpg

59de3bd205dee_20171010_2119151.thumb.jpg.4eb633ea119defb58c12c38d52df2743.jpg

Appearance-wise, It doesn't stick out farther than the rear bumper, and is above the mufflers, meaning it's discrete, but also not totally hidden. I'd recommend this to anyone.

Edited by NavalLacrosse
typo fix

Thanks for the compliment, Armando. I did not get the harness- and thanks for the re-torque reminder. 

I don't plan on towing with it, at least for a while. I'm using it for bike racks, and as a back-up curb proximity sensor.

As far as the harness, there is a wiring harness coming from somewhere in the car, and it just ends/is plugged right next the trailer hitch. If i just buy the adapter, car I just plug it in that plug, and start haulin'? Do you know if there is any computer re-programming nonsense that needs to take place? I've got the LED taillights; is over amping the fuses a possibility with a mid size box trailer?. Are these questions I could easily answer up with a quick search?(yes). haha

Edited by NavalLacrosse

My 2013 handles a trailer lighting system no problem I also have LED's on the trailer

You might have to get the dealer to set the code to activate the harness though

yes you will have to the dealership add the sales code and activate it and that will cost you $$ contact your dealer for the cost or bypass all that and go with the aftermarket wiring harness that is what ill do if i ever need it

Thanks, Larryl and 2Late4U, for the advice.

I think future-me will gladly take on the responsibility and cost to have it programmed, or rig up an aftermarket unit. For now, It's not a problem.