2015 journey camera

jorgev2

I own a 2015 dodge journey  I want to install rear back up camera check tail gate for connection found none but when check radio-video reciever plug for camera allready has wires, 8.4 touch screen.

my question is where those wires go to.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:45 AM, OhareFred said:

This has been covered multiple times in the forum..

Try doing a search, there were several writeups on how to do it and what goes where.

Really? Where is said thread? I've been trying to hunt down those preinstalled wires for weeks and cannot find the end of them or the connector. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, stiers11 said:

Really? Where is said thread? I've been trying to hunt down those preinstalled wires for weeks and cannot find the end of them or the connector. 

I’m in the same boat, trying to find out how easy this could be. Can’t find anything but a bunch of dead ends.

• 3 weeks later...

Jorgev2,    were you able to hook up and use the back up camera?  I have a 2015 journey and installed the factory camera and harness bought through the Mopar site.  The set up was about 250 total but I bit the cost to keep everything stock.  It took about three hours with a few breaks in between but the instructions that came with them were very straightforward.   The only item I could not do was set the code on the computer to read the camera.  The dealership did that for me....for a price!  

• 2 months later...

I found the wires.  Spent about 5 minutes with a line toner to hunt down where they go.

They just don't go to the back of the car.  The Journey's Radio harness is prewired for the camera. Unfortunately the body harness is NOT.  The wires that are already in the plug on the back of the radio go down to the big white connector in the drivers side kick panel by the hood release.  Unfortunately, they don't go any farther than that.  The body side of that connector does not have wires in the pins.  I'm not sure why Dodge didn't make the kit to tap into the wiring in the kick panel, since that is where it would in the factory.  

On 4/23/2018 at 12:17 PM, stiers11 said:

I found the wires.  Spent about 5 minutes with a line toner to hunt down where they go.

They just don't go to the back of the car.  The Journey's Radio harness is prewired for the camera. Unfortunately the body harness is NOT.  The wires that are already in the plug on the back of the radio go down to the big white connector in the drivers side kick panel by the hood release.  Unfortunately, they don't go any farther than that.  The body side of that connector does not have wires in the pins.  I'm not sure why Dodge didn't make the kit to tap into the wiring in the kick panel, since that is where it would in the factory.  

7 hours ago, Armando G said:

Has anyone found this wire? I would love a bit of hope that they are there before I dive into adding a camera myself.

• 1 month later...