Climate Control Problem

Ariel

• 4 weeks later...

@Ariel I can't find what I was reading the other day, but it was a post featuring some videos of an install in spanish. ignoring that the video was spanish, the gist was:

There are two parts, the upper and lower face plate. The upper is what you upgrade from the 4.3 to the 8" Screen/supporting hardware, and the lower is the 8 buttons/thermostat controls/and CD drive.

From what I got out the the article was the someone solved this issue. It was that they needed to upgrade their lower panel to have the 'Auto' temperature option on the center button. apparently some versions of the car only have the 'off' button. Mine has the Off/Auto. This 'Auto' option apparently has the right connectors to send data back to the 8.4" screen to display the temp. ... I'll look a little more for the Thread. If I find it I'll post here. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• 4 years later...
On 10/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, NavalLacrosse said:

Read through this thread  " Installing 8.4 uConnect (actually doing it) ". I breezed through it, and sadly this isn't a yes/no solution. there's many factors at play.  GOOD LUCK!!!

This is not just an easy fix as getting the new lower control panel, I have tried two.

I bought this unit from infotainment, replacing the 4" screen with the 8.4" screen along with the lower CD slot / card reader slot and new lower control buttons with the auto button.

I also have the issue of the up down buttons not displaying on the screen when pressed, but they do work, they are changing the air from hot to cold and vice versa, 

Also I have the issue of the screen displaying 22 degrees after adjusting the sliders, but its not accurate. and the AUTO button doesn't work.

Now, Infotainment has a ODB genie plug that they say will fix at least the AUTO button feature, no mention of the 22 issue and the up down buttons working, But they want another $180 for a 2018 DJ

people have been saying this is something that can be fixed with AlphaODB, but I have this software and I can't find it anywhere. I have been trying for days.

any help would be great. 

Edited by AOXOMOXOA