Sign in to follow this  
2late4u

post info

we are getting so many post that are very hard to understand due to the posters wording and lack of info. i believe that when they start their membership it should be required to list the yr of their journey ( that way we would have some idea for their question) the region from where they live( so we would have an idea of what conditions they might be encountering on their journey) maybe even engine size (2.4 , 3.6, 3.5 ,or diesel from overseas)  What do you all think???????

I agree especially if it's just to complain about an issue that requires more than a "forums" help because they dont like the replies that are posted anyway.

A 2009 Journey that is still on the road is a great thing in it's self...just saying

While I agree that thoughtful informational posts are easier to understand and hence allow us to better help, folks have to be able to post what they want, when they want, and how they want.  Sadly, many people have poor grammar and writing skills.  Another issue is that English is many peoples' second or even third language.  I think that even when language and grammar are not an issue, many people don't know what is important or just forget to include important information.  I'm not sure how we could control input of info like year and engine size short of making those fields a required part of the post template.  I guess that could be done by the forum moderator.   

I think its good that people here want to help others.  Its a good thing that we get a little frustrated when information is omitted and we can't help. . .     Its hard to help one post wonders or complainers.  Those that really want help tend to return and clarify posts or add new info, I think.   

This forum has helped me over the years.  

Peace.

Yeah. I agree with all of you however, there is only so much we can do in this format. Adding vehicle information through the user CP is just an option at the present time. Not sure if we could make entering that info mandatory.

Let's be honest...no forum is ever going to be perfect. I've used this site for more than enough things that I've wanted help others in return. If the post makes no sense, or doesn't have enough information, well I have the option to just move on. I don't get upset or frustrated, or complain on top of it, I just move on. This is a very good site, with plenty of folks with great information.