Bryman31

HARD-WATER on my new car!

so in my area our sprinkler water is city water which is VERY hard/non-potable water.  the whole passenger side of my new car is covered in white hard water spots.  washing it does no good.  i have spent the last 20 mins scrubbing with Windex the crap out of the windows and  have made a 60% difference.  but i cant Windex the paint. 

any ideas from anyone how to get hard water spots off??

20170903_153626.jpg

Two ways...Water and White Vinegar mix (2/3 water), or hard water spot remover from auto parts store (most do work as long as the spots haven't been there for days). In either case, make sure the car is cool to the touch before doing.

OK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..................i have no idea why but in our pantry we had white vinegar.  so i used some bottled water to mix it. 

WHAT AN AMAZING THING!!!!  my paint is sparkly new!!!  thanks Armando G.  for the tip!!

On 9/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, Bryman31 said:

OK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..................i have no idea why but in our pantry we had white vinegar.  so i used some bottled water to mix it. 

WHAT AN AMAZING THING!!!!  my paint is sparkly new!!!  thanks Armando G.  for the tip!!

Glad to help.