Radio Sound Problem

I just bought a 2011 Journey SXT. When I start the car the radio volume (sound) comes on extremely high. This happens once in a while. Has any one had this happen to them before? Thanks

Edited by DHP

I just bought a 2011 Journey SXT. When I start the car the radio volume (sound) comes on extremely high. This happens once in a while. Has any one had this happen to them before? Thanks

We have the same problem. Dodge cannot replicate the problem. The radio does not always turn itself up. Sometimes it waits until the car is put into drive. We bought the Journey and it has been in to the shop twice for issues with the touch screen going out and the heat coming on full blast. Wouldn't be a problem during the winter but when it is 96 degrees outside it is not a good thing. They had the Journey for 15 days before saying that it is fixed. We will see.

We have the same problem. Dodge cannot replicate the problem. The radio does not always turn itself up. Sometimes it waits until the car is put into drive. We bought the Journey and it has been in to the shop twice for issues with the touch screen going out and the heat coming on full blast. Wouldn't be a problem during the winter but when it is 96 degrees outside it is not a good thing. They had the Journey for 15 days before saying that it is fixed. We will see.

Check to see if the sound variance is set to high. It may be compensating from the start up of the engine. Ever turn it off before shutting the car down and turning the radio on after you start the engine?

How do I change the sound variance or do you mean the "speed adjust volume" which I did set at different level and still encounter the problem. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

You are not the only one with this issue.

I got my Journey less than a month ago and I too have this issue with the volume coming up very loud at start up.

I think I have established a pattern. The problem seems to occur mainly when the source is the USB stick or the Satellite Radio. I have not experienced it when the source was regular FM/AM radio or the CD player.

Nonetheless this issue is extremely annoying and I will for sure ask the dealer service to rectify the problem.

The seat belt warning is also quite annoying, I am all for a warning signal but this one is a bit too much (loud and repetitive).

Stephen...

I got my Journey less than a month ago and I too have this issue with the volume coming up very loud at start up.

I think I have established a pattern. The problem seems to occur mainly when the source is the USB stick or the Satellite Radio. I have not experienced it when the source was regular FM/AM radio or the CD player.

Nonetheless this issue is extremely annoying and I will for sure ask the dealer service to rectify the problem.

The seat belt warning is also quite annoying, I am all for a warning signal but this one is a bit too much (loud and repetitive).

Stephen...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem I'm trying to figure out a pattern as to why the radio will come on so loud at start up. I don't use my USB or Satellite Radio, so it's not that. I just use regular FM. The last time this occurred was 3 weeks ago. In the meantime, I have contacted my dealer and he checking with Dodge. So far no word yet. Keep me posted with your problem and I do the same. Thanks

Edited by DHP

We have the base model radio with no bells and whistles. Radio has been ordered according to the dealer. Has been at least 10 days since the order was placed and they have failed to contact me. I have left several messages and inquiries about the radio and have no response. Good Luck to you. Took a survey from a car report site last night. The Journey got poor marks in my book. I am probably going to get a lawyer to see if I can't make Chrysler buy it back.

Stephen...

• 2 weeks later...

We have the base model radio with no bells and whistles. Radio has been ordered according to the dealer. Has been at least 10 days since the order was placed and they have failed to contact me. I have left several messages and inquiries about the radio and have no response. Good Luck to you. Took a survey from a car report site last night. The Journey got poor marks in my book. I am probably going to get a lawyer to see if I can't make Chrysler buy it back.

Same issue they change the Radio 2 Time did not fix the problem. I think they will need a software FIX. When the problem occure look at the equalizer setting it get reset each time the problem happen.

Edited by outrage

My service adviser has just informed me today that Dodge has release a Information Bulletin regarding to this problem and are working on it. Stay tune.

Any into on this Bullentin? Was just at the Dealer here, they never heard of the problem, although there was an update to the Uconnect 4.3 which they did, but it happened again as I was driving out of the lot.?@@!

Will be calling 1-800# if I get any more info will post it up.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not experienced this situation yet on my June built DJ with only th 4.3 radio.

I was checking the programming and found that the setting for speed compensated

volume was set to "OFF" and I left it at that setting.

Has anyone tried turning that to OFF to see if it's related to the problem?