How to play DVD in front display while driving!

I found a way to trick the system into letting you watch video in front display while driving!

think I did something like this

First turn on the movie and "show video" in front display, then press menu or the button to get the dvd menu, go to change subtitles.

when you are in this menu put the car inte DRIVE and after that if i dont remember wrong it should work and show video in front display while driving :) but be careful ! its easy to look to much on the movie than on the road, but it can be nice for the passenger to be able to watch :)

EDIT:

So now ive tried it some times. This is how to do it

1 put shift in park

2 turn on movie in front, start playing the movie, choose show video.

3 press menu and go into dvd setup

4 turn shift into drive

5 press back

6 enjoy :)

Edited by viwa

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a way to trick the system into letting you watch video in front display while driving!

think I did something like this

First turn on the movie and "show video" in front display, then press menu or the button to get the dvd menu, go to change subtitles.

when you are in this menu put the car inte DRIVE and after that if i dont remember wrong it should work and show video in front display while driving :) but be careful ! its easy to look to much on the movie than on the road, but it can be nice for the passenger to be able to watch :)

Nice for a passenger in the front that wants to watch too. Thanks! Hope they don't get car sick.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is great news. My wife has been asking if she can watch a movie on the way to Florida next year in our 2012 8.4. Going to give it a try tomorrow and will update this post after trying on 2012 model. Awesome find but like other people have said - only for the passenger, of course :-)

Edited by Rubberdude88

This is great news. My wife has been asking if she can watch a movie on the way to Florida next year in our 2012 8.4. Going to give it a try tomorrow and will update this post after trying on 2012 model. Awesome find but like other people have said - only for the passenger, of course :-)

Tried it and it worked perfectly on 2012 8.4 fullscreen. Edited by Rubberdude88

Couldn't wait - just tried it and it worked perfectly on 2012 8.4 fullscreen. Thank you so much. This will make the 22 hour straight drive to Florida bearable for my wife. Kids already have DVD's in the back. Thanks again.

Piece of advise..

Most states have some sort of law that prohibits video playback anywhere where it's visible to the driver.

Be carefull, state troopers are eager to pull someone over.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't wait - just tried it and it worked perfectly on 2012 8.4 fullscreen. Thank you so much. This will make the 22 hour straight drive to Florida bearable for my wife. Kids already have DVD's in the back. Thanks again.

I can't get this to work on my 8.4. The DVD setup button is disabled when DVD is playing. Did you follow any different steps?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe anyone would think being able to play a DVD on the front screen while driving is a great idea. There's too many distracted drivers as there is. If you want to watch a movie in your Journey sit in the back with the kids, do the rest of us a favor and let someone else drive!

Edited by rolly

lol...i think its more about letting the passenger watch instead of starting out the window but i can see how it would be a distraction for the driver as well.... especially night time driving....I peronally dont even want to know if this works on our DJ and wouldnt want the distraction of flickering images while doing 100KM down the highway :)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...